If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
When you register with the Website, place an order, provide feedback, or respond to a survey, we collect information from you. You may be asked to enter your:
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Driver's license or identification card number
- Partial social security number
- Alien number
- I-94 admissions number
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Demographic information (e.g., gender)
- Violation information (e.g., case or citation number, violation code, violation date, court date, etc.)
- Credit card information
- Photo of your driver's license, ticket, or snapshot of yourself for identity verification or eligibility check
What We Use Your Information For
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Any of the information We collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To process a payment transaction;
- To authenticate students, verify eligibility, and prevent fraudulent use of our services;
- To report your course completion as required by state or local law;
- To personalize your experience and help us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve the Website offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
- To improve customer service and more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Website feature; and
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide will only be used to send you important account alerts, reminders, and opportunities to leave reviews. You can unsubscribe from receiving future reminders and review requests at any time by adjusting your account settings or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Our systems are housed on a cloud-based secure server following ISO 27001 Security Standards. Additionally, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and transmit all information throughout the entire Website. We restrict access to your personal information to Highway Traffic School employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to process it on our behalf. All employees, contractors, and agents are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Your sensitive credit card information is never stored on our servers.
Who We Disclose Your Information To
If you have elected to take a traffic school course or exam in which We are required to report your course status to a third party, we may share your personal and course completion information with:
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Department of Transportation (DOT), or similar department that handles motor vehicle matters for that state.
- The court associated with your case or traffic ticket.
- The regulatory agency that provides certification or licensing to operate a traffic school for that state.
Accessing & Updating Your Personal Information
The personal information you provide during registration or when placing an order is protected and may not always be accessible for editing by you. In most cases, you can edit your personal information before completing the course or exam. After completing the course or exam, your information is locked and cannot be edited by you. Email addresses and passwords can be updated or changed at any time by logging into your account. Any other changes can be made by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will retain student information for three years after registration or completing a course or exam, whichever is the latest. Sensitive credit card information is never stored on our servers.
Records are retained for this period in accordance with:
- State and local laws;
- Auditing requirements by the regulatory agency that provides certification or licensing to operate a traffic school for that state;
- Reporting requirements of student course or exam completions as required by each state; and
- Resolution of disputes for traffic school completions.
After the three-year retention period, all personally identifiable information is automatically and permanently deleted from our database. A request to delete data is not required for this action to occur.
Data Deletion Requests
You can request that your data be deleted from our database at any time by using the Data Deletion Request Form.
Data deletion requests will be reviewed within seven days. If the student account does not have any state or local law restrictions, the account will be approved for removal. You will receive an email confirmation of the record deletion or an explanation of why the deletion cannot occur due to state or local law.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not track our users or students over time and across third-party websites. Therefore, We do not honor "Do Not Track" requests or change our services or information practices in any way due to receiving a "Do Not Track" request from your browser.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enable the website or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture or remember certain information.
- Help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart;
- Customize the Website for you;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits;
- Keep track of advertisements; and
- Compile aggregate data about Website traffic and Website interaction to offer better experiences and tools in the future.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Website visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Students who do not want to receive cookies can instruct their web browsers to refuse them; however, doing so may prevent some parts of the Website from working as intended (e.g., anything that requires login, language preferences, etc.). In addition, while cookies set by the Website may be used to collect personally identifiable information and can be traced to an individual user, this personally identifiable information is used only for internal purposes.
We track individual IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our service, administer the Website, gather demographic information, and prevent fraud and copyright infringement. IP address information is used only for our internal purposes.
We use a tool called Google Analytics to collect information about this Website's use, such as how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used before coming to this Website.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Website. No one can use this cookie but Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers.
We use the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this Website. Therefore, we do not combine the data collected through Google Analytics with your personal information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, We may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, We seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Highway Traffic School
2173 Salk Ave, Suite 250
Carlsbad, CA 92008