I'm Eligible ... What's Next?
You must inform the Clerk of the Court in the county you received your ticket that you want to go to traffic school.
Pay an election fee to the Clerk of Court in the county where you received the citation within 30 days of receiving your ticket.
Select your county from the bottom left corner of the page and then click "Pay Traffic Tickets Online."
After you pay your election fee, you must complete traffic school within 90 days, unless otherwise directed by the court.
Did You Know?!?
You can take Basic Driver Improvement course once every 12 months. But, you cannot take more than five BDI courses during your lifetime.
Also, Note ...
If any of the following circumstances apply to your case, you must complete a BDI course or Traffic Collision Avoidance Course, if you want to retain your driver's license.
- You were the driver in a crash, were found at fault, and
- someone was transported to the hospital; or
- you have had two crashes in a two-year period, which resulted in property damage greater than $500.
- You passed a stopped school bus
- You were a participant of highway racing
- You were a spectator in highway racing
- You were cited for reckless driving
- You ran a red light
If you receive a ticket for a non-criminal moving violation, and you do not hold a commercial driver license, you may elect to attend a basic driver improvement course in lieu of points on your driving record.