At Highway Traffic School, your satisfaction is our highest priority. We want to make sure you are completely satisfied with our product and will do everything possible to correct the situation.
Per Arizona Supreme Court regulations, we collect a state fee, state surcharge, and court diversion fee on behalf of the State of Arizona. These regulations declare that once a person begins a defensive driving course, the state fee, state surcharge, and court diversion fee are non-refundable, with the following exceptions:
- A student pre-pays for a defensive driving course, does not begin the course, and does not contact the school to reschedule for a future course.
- The officer fails to file the citation with a court and the cited person attends a defensive driving course for that citation.
- The citation is dismissed by a jurisdictional court on its own motion, for problems not correctable under civil traffic rules of the court.
Additionally, it is the responsibility of the student to determine eligibility to attend an Arizona Defensive Driving Course, prior to registration. If it is determined that the student and/or violation are ineligible to attend Arizona Defensive Driving, the state fee and state surcharge are non-refundable.
The Highway Traffic School course fee is non-refundable when any of the following apply:
- Once a person begins the final exam;
- A person incorrectly answers two (2) identity verification questions;
- We determine a person is cheating;
- The refund is requested more than 30 days after payment was received.
In any case where a refund is issued, a $10 processing fee applies.
All refunds are processed within 5 – 7 days of the request. If the request is processed within 60 days of the original payment, the refund will be issued to the original form of payment; otherwise, the refund will be issued by company check and mailed via regular USPS mail (allow an additional 5 – 7 days to receive your refund).